Sunflower - the Wonder Plant
Sunflower is an amazing flower. It is The Wonder Plant.
When it comes to skincare today, Sunflower Seed Oil is a great source of vitamin A and E, rich in nutrients and antioxidants. It is effective for combatting skincare issues like acne, inflammation, general redness and irritation of the skin. Sunflower oil has emollient properties that help the skin retain its moisture. It hydrates, softens, prevents moisture loss, defends against external damage, and facilitates the skin’s regeneration. Sunflower Oil slows the look of wrinkles, reduces the appearance of enlarged pores, eliminates acne-causing bacteria, prevents blemishing, and evens out the skin tone due to its lightening and anti-inflammatory properties. It is easily absorbed into the skin without clogging pores.
It is a well-known fact that Sunflowers are used very heavily in agribusiness for things like sunflower oil, sunflower seeds and skin care products. Native to North America, Sunflowers have been grown as a food crop for 1000's of years by the Indians.
We are accustomed to see sunflower oil on the store's shelfs and use it for cooking. We love the taste of sunflower seeds. Sunflower has wonderful medicinal properties. Sunflower seeds may help lower blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar as they contain vitamin E, magnesium, protein, linoleic fatty acids. Tea made from the seeds or leaves can also be used for lung and breathing related ailments. Tea made from sunflower petals can be used for sore throats and inflammation. The roots can also be made into a wash or soaking rinse for arthritis and aching joints.
Did you know?
- The name Sunflower originates from the Greek word 'helios' meaning Sun and 'anthos' meaning Flower. Archeologists estimate that Sunflower cultivation dates back to more than 8,000 years ago, and even be- gan before corn, squash, or beans.
- Sunflowers in bud stage exhibit heliotropism. Which means they follow the sun. At dawn, sunflowers are facing east, and waiting for the rising sun. As sun appears to move across the sky, young flowers follow its light, looking up, then over and westward, catching one final glance as the sun disappears over the horizon. At night, all sunflowers face east again. Sunflowers turn with the sun until they get old, when they stop moving and remain facing east.
- Sunflower heads consist of 1000 to 2000 individual flowers joined together by a receptacle base. The large petals around the edge of a sunflower head are individual ray flowers, which do not develop into seed.
- Sunflower stems contain fibers that were used for making rope and fabric.
- Pulp from sunflower stems were used to make a paper.
- Sunflower stems are incredibly buoyant and were used to fill life jackets. They were the original filler material for Personal Floatation Devices.
- Radiation Management. Sunflowers are used to clean up radiation. Floating rafts of Sunflowers were being used to clean up water contaminated as a result of the 1986 Chernobyl Nuclear Plant accident. The roots of the sunflowers remove up to 95% radioactivity by drawing the contaminants out of the water. Millions of sunflowers have been planted in radioactive areas to soak up toxins from the ground and brighten the hillside of Fukashima.
- Sunflowers are what scientists refer to as “hyper-accumulators". This means the plants can soak up toxicity at a high rate. Sunflowers are not only able to absorb lead, but other dangerous heavy metals such as arsenic, zinc, chromium, copper and manganese.
Sunflowers are known for being “happy” flowers and symbolize adoration, loyalty and longevity.
Sunflower Seed Oil is one of our skincare ingredients that used in formulation of several Florencia Beauty products:
Highly effective ingredients in this "must-have" eye and neck cream helps to firm and hydrate the skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles.
Enjoy remarkable results of this impressive formula. A unique blend of Peptides, ALA, Mushroom Extract, Vitamin K, Arnica & Green Tea Extract treat & hydrate delicate skin areas. The chosen botanicals reduce the appearance of wrinkles & dark circles, while lifting & firming the skin.
- Tightens, firms and lifts the skin around the delicate eye area. This formula can be used on special areas of concern including forehead, jaw line, neck for extra lift and firming results.
- Deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin.
- Improves the elasticity and boosts collagen production.
- Reduces the visible signs of aging
- Helps to eliminate dark circles and puffiness.
- Leaving the skin feeling soft and plump
Would you like to treat your skin with our ALA Peptide Eye Cream?
Please enjoy 25% OFF with Special Code SUNFLOWER25.
Please let me know, if you enjoyed this article.
Stay Safe and Healthy.